Sunday, November 14, 2010

Confessional/Haul #1

Today's post comes in the form of a confessional.  What are known as "hauls" to other bloggers are confessionals for me.  Why?  Because I have sinned and gone to Sephora to take advantage of the Family & Friends 20% off deal and bought (a) something, (b) more than I need (though "need" can be stretched to fit sooo many things), and (c) have violated my own rules set out on the very first post of this blog.  But since I'm being all honest about my splurge, let's take a look at my picks.

Clinique Clarifying Lotion 4 for Oily Skin

Rationale:  I ran out of my usual toner (Clinique Anti-Acne Toner) and instead of replacing it, thought the oily skin toner would work just as well, especially since my skin has been on the dry side due to the colder weather.  I tried it once last night and it felt almost the same as the anti-acne toner without the dryness (it kind of stung in the same way, however, it makes me feel like it's really cleaning out the pores).


Clinique Pore Minimzer Instant Perfector in Invisible Deep

Rationale:  I've been obsessing over my pores and blackheads on the nose lately.  The pores seem larger than ever despite my diligent cycle of exfoliating, cleansing and toning.  I was very pleased with this product because it did disguise the pores and kept shine at bay from my T-zone for a few hours longer than the usual.  Total winner.


Boscia Peppermint Blotting Linens

Rationale:  This is a new blotting linen from Boscia and only CAD$6 (USD$5) for a limited period.  I grabbed three of them as they're even cheaper than those godawful Clean & Clear blotting sheets.  Sometimes I blot my face on napkins and tissues -- even toilet paper -- but pulling out one of these nifty things is so much classier, ya know?

Fresh Umbrian Clay Treatment Bar

Rationale:  I read RAVE reviews about this product online at Sephora.com.  You've gotta read them for yourself (click here).  I plan on trying this tonight and am very excited!  If the hype is to be believed, then I have found the perfect multi-tasking skin care product to devote myself to for years to come.  The reductionista side of me is quivering in anticipation.


Ole Henriksen Three Little Wonders

Rationale:  I love the Truth Serum and grew very curious about the Sheer Transformation.  The boxed set of these two products, along with the Invigorating Night Gel, are total money savers.  They're full-sized as well, so you're not getting ripped off in any way at all.  I've become a devotee of Ole Henriksen as of late and hope to see payoff for it very soon.


Korres Line-Smoothing Lip Butter Glaze Trio 

Rationale:  I'm a sucker for a bargain and I've heard very good things about the Korres Lip Butter.  My lips are incredibly dry and chapped lately and I don't think that I can wear lipstick anymore this season if there isn't a change.  I much prefer balms and glazes over chapsticks.


Ole Henriksen Fresh Start Eye Creme (link and picture unavailable at the moment but very similar to the Ole Henriksen Visual Truth Eye Creme)

Rationale:  I threw out my old Neutrogena eye cream because it didn't feel effective and my skin reacted to it badly for some reason.  This is the one completely justifiable purchase out of the entire lot since I do not have any other eye creams at the moment, and I am so glad that I picked this up.  It absorbs instantly into the skin and feels calming and moisturizing as soon as you put it on.  I've heard that the Fresh Start Eye Creme is more for moisturizing while the Visual Truth Eye Creme is for lifting, but I feel like either would work fine.

Everything I've listed is available at your local Sephora.  

Well, there you have it.  I've been a bad girl, but all in the name of seeking the perfect skin.  Actually I'd settle for having back the skin I had at 25.  At 32, I am tired of battling acne and visible pores.  If I am to reduce the amount of makeup I wear, I believe it begins with proper skin care.  I'll give you a rundown of their effectiveness when I finally conduct an inventory of my skin care products.

2 comments:

  1. Just read your blog from the beginning...and wanted to comment! I am highly looking forward to following you in your journey in whittling down your stash - I'm in the same boat as you, where I crave new things but I am cognizant of my cosmetic overload lol. It can be overwhelming and I'd rather have a smaller stash with some stand-out pieces rather than a monstrous collection (though I know some people love that too!). In any case, I just wanted to say keep forging ahead, you have my support! I know just how daunting a task it will be :)

    ReplyDelete

Join the discussion and thanks for your comment!

Please note that comments containing links will be deleted. Comments for posts older than 10 days will not appear on the page until they have been approved.