Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve Nails

I've been thinking of doing glittery silver nails for New Years, even though it's overdone and expected.  I can't seem to get enough of glitter and blingy nails lately.

What I had my eye on was another Deborah Lippmann polish called "Today Was a Fairy Tale":


Pretty, right???

But alas, I settled for good old Sally Hansen for one tenth of the price.  This is Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in "Celeb City" layered with Revlon's "Star" Topcoat.  I really liked Celeb City on its own and knew the second I applied Star on top that it was a mistake.  It seemed too late to stop (this was at 1am last night), so I did the rest of my nails and ended up with this:



I guess it's not so bad from a distance, but I wish I had left well enough alone and just gone with Celeb City on its own.  LESSON LEARNED FOR 2011.

Happy new year! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm a bit obsessed over sparkly nails! Love the silver.

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I appreciate the support!

    Michelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that 'too late to turn back' feeling.
    It really doesn't seem too bad from the pictures though. But maybe if you encounter a 'bad' glitter choice again, you could just do the glitter on the one nail (statement nail! lol) or bury it under another glitter? Hope you had a fabulous NYE otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Michelle -- No prob! Hate anonymous irritants - that comment was so unnecessary!

    @Caitlin -- Thanks for the suggestions. I did try to cover it up with other glitter but it didn't work because the first glitter was darker. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Commenting is open to any registered user.

In order to reduce spam, comments containing self-promotional links and URLs will not be approved. Also, comments for posts older than 10 days are moderated and will not appear on the page until they have been approved.