Thursday, January 27, 2011

Beauty Swap!

I talked about participating in a beauty swap in my renewed resolutions post earlier this month.  The package arrived today, and I felt like a kid in a candystore when I opened up the box.



I don't get to keep everything, of course.  The below is what I hauled from the box.


Close-up view of the Too Faced Caribbean in a Compact (Sun Bunny):


In return for the items I took out, I contributed a whole lot of samples, deluxe samples and full size products that I had either not used or swatched once (cleaned and disinfected).  It's weird - I feel lighter in my mind now that my stash is reduced.  My addiction was starting to become a source of anxiety.

Beauty swaps are such a great way to test new things without spending the money.  Are you part of a swap group or have partaken in a swap before?

6 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea!! I wouldn't know what to do with myself with a package like that! You made some good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw the box, I seriously drooled. I thought that entire thing was your swap!! In which case I would need to make friends with your swap pals stat (lol). But, the swap deal you've got going is still super-awesome!! I adore swapping. I don't do it as much as I'd like, but it is such a great way to try out new stuff and get rid of some unloved items someone else may get great use out of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was only going to take a few stuff but I couldn't resist. Mission fail!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I turned out to not be so lucky! It cost much more than I thought it would to ship it to the next person and cosmetics are a difficult to send from Canada to the States. I'll have to participate in inter-Canadian swaps only now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. there's always a catch, eh? :/ still, i think you swapped well, love this sun bunny! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Please refrain from including self-promotional links and URLs - such comments will be deleted. Comments for posts older than 10 days will not appear on the page until they have been approved.