Friday, April 8, 2011

Nail Polish: NYX Mango Cafe

Hello, I'm alive!

In my restlessness, I had to change my nail polish. And having changed it, I can't help but to want to blog about it. So I'll make this super quick as Henry James and Jacques Derrida are still waiting for me to do them justice.

NYX Nail Polish in Mango Cafe

This is the only NYX product I own/have tried. I'm not fond of NYX, Wet n' Wild or ELF. I can't explain the weird prejudice I have against them but having tried out Mango Cafe here, I am not eager to work with NYX again. It's streaky and gloppy and took three coats to achieve this effect.

Without flash (Sorry for the dim lighting!)
With flash (Sorry for the reflection! lol)

I'd say the true colour lies somewhere between the with flash and without flash. It's not quite pink, it's not quite mango, apricot or coral. It's a weirdly indistinguishable colour that clashes with my warm skin tone. It might look lovely on the fair-skin types with pink undertones. I bought it one day while longing for something in the coral family. The bottle looked cute on the shelf and I wanted to be adventurous. Oh well, didn't work out. I didn't bother with a top coat since I won't be keeping it on for too long.

P.S. I just discovered the wonders of drying drops. (OPI in particular.) Super late to that party, but at least now I know how to speed up the manicure process.

What are you wearing on your nails lately?

6 comments:

  1. I going to paint my nails with revlon purplex soon. That color you have is totally summer, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... you're right, it does seem more summery than spring. I guess I'm getting ahead of myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it on you though, I haven't tried any nyx polishes myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a shame that it was such a disappointment. I have some stuff from NYX that I like, but I've never tried their polishes. I guess I'll be keeping it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad it's a pain in the arse! It looks great on you.
    So the OPI drying drops really work? Can you do a post on that? I'd love to learn more about them. Thanks Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, girls. Yeah, I wouldn't waste my time with NYX polish. Nothing beats Sally Hansen and Rimmel PRO when it comes to cheap polish. Tracy, I'll do a review when I'm done with my essays. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Please refrain from including self-promotional links and URLs - such comments will be deleted. Comments for posts older than 10 days will not appear on the page until they have been approved.