Sunday, June 12, 2011

Nail Polish: Essie "Da Bush"

Here's a quick follow up to my post on Essie's "Absolutely Shore". "Da Bush" is a paler olive-khaki sister to Essie's "Sew Psyched" and perhaps a second cousin to Absolutely Shore.


The formula is great for a pale shade. Two easy coats and I was done.



This definitely was what I was looking for when I picked up Absolutely Shore by accident. I felt slightly less conscious of my nails and didn't worry as much about colour-coordinating with my outfits. However, it's far from the army green that I was beginning to associate this with.


Still, you can tell that they're distantly related. Now, do I love this polish? Not really. I got fairly bored of it a few days in and right now am wearing something completely different. However, Da Bush is a unique shade in my collection and I'm sure I'll pull it out frequently enough in the future. I'm very much in like.

11 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I like this one. Plus, I have eleventy thousand similar to it from Essie and Zoya already. I want sheer, shimmery, medium grey. I want Illamasqua Bacterium!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I likey too! Reminds me of my OPI Stranger Tides. I love your nail posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Carrie - Don't cry to me about Illamasqua! Harrrrrrumph! lol

    @Tracy - They are kind of similar, aren't they? Thanks, glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GURL, you know you've got your hook-up through me now, don't be sour. ;) But, you know that I love you for more than your Lise Watier, don't you? <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know Liz...I think it looks real "purty" against your skin tone! Personally, I'm a huge sage/celadon/greyed-out-green lover and snap up anything remotely like this. As to a true khaki and apart from the insanely limited edition Chanel Les Khakis trio that came out last Fall, I know that China Glaze's Metro Collection (coming out in the not too distant future!) has a stunner of a military hue in their lineup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this looks quite nice, Liz. I didn't mind 'Absolutely Shore' but compared to this, it looks far too stark! This is a great compromise on the khaki/army green trend, lightened up for Spring/Summer. I dig it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting color! Kind of in the mint green family as well. Wanted to also let you know I passed on the Versatile Blogger Award to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Carrie - Sweet. :)

    @Eugenia - I can definitely see myself wearing it more in the fall! But I'm going to try to keep from buying that CG shade if it's too close to the ones I already have. :)

    @Toya - Thanks! But seeing your nails, I want to go back to brights again soon. :)

    @productdoctor - Thank you so much! I'll do a response post shortly. :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me like! I can see getting bored of it after a few days though too. The only color I seem to keep on my nails for longer than a few days is black for some reason. Perhaps because it goes with damn near everything?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't wear pure black polish but have noticed that I also tend to wear my dark polishes longer! So true. I probably spend way too much time worrying about whether this clashes with my clothes or not. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Commenting is open to any registered user.

In order to reduce spam, comments containing self-promotional links and URLs will not be approved. Also, comments for posts older than 10 days are moderated and will not appear on the page until they have been approved.