Saturday, August 18, 2012

2012 Empties Part 7

BEHOLD the new empties bag. Surely it doesn't disappoint?

It's sizable and sturdy and more water-resistant than The Body Shop paper bags. The ultimate empties bag would actually be a medium-sized Sephora bag, but weirdly I didn't have any kicking around. This bag is from when I purchased a lot of Christmas gifts from Chanel and I remember feeling kind of giddy carrying it home. I have no desire to reuse this in public, however, so it works well as the new empties bag!


I have a lot of stuff here and will try to be brief. (But I probably won't. Please grab your beverage of choice and have a seat.)

Aveda Energizing Body Cleanser - Received it as a birthday present and wasn't crazy about the smell, so it sat in the bathroom cupboard for a long while. I'm so not into Aveda's natural hippie herbal scents and feel the same about this shower gel. It does have an energizing fragrance with peppermint and ginger, and it lathers well and does the job in cleansing I suppose... but there isn't anything special about it that makes me want to shell out $16-20. It's a good wake-up scent for those who like morning showers, but I prefer night showers anyway.


Ingredients:


 Mineral Flowers Citrus Blossom Body & Massage Lotion - This product is ridiculously old and I should be ashamed of having kept it for this long. But I hate waste more than the product, so gave it a good try and managed to empty it (mostly). I bought it from Rexall/Pharma Plus for about $8-10 while looking for a no-nonsense body lotion. It's all right as far as lotions go, but I find all lotions to be rather watery and nowhere near moisturizing enough. I do like the light and refreshing scent of this product and tried to use it as hand cream for a while, but it's simply not moisturizing enough for me.

Ingredients:


Garnier Fructis Anti-Dandruff Clean & Fresh 2 in 1 - I bought five of these for $0.99 and thought it might be good for my slightly dry scalp. I also prefer 2 in 1 shampoos in the summer because showers become more frequent and I don't like to spend more time in it than necessary on most days. It's probably not conditioning enough though it shampoos and lathers well. I didn't find the scent or result to be offensive and like it well enough, especially when I can score it for less than a dollar. (Original pricing is anywhere from $4-7 depending on where you're shopping. I got it on sale for $2.99 with a $2 off coupon.) I gave a few of these to my parents and have another one or two in the cupboard for me. I was just saying on Twitter the other day that it doesn't really matter what shampoo I use so long as it cleans the hair and doesn't strip my scalp of all moisture.


Bath & Body Works White Citrus Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Soap - F@ck these long-ass names. UGH. Anyway, I don't plan on purchasing any more B&BW hand soaps, but I do like the sharp, clean and floral scent of the White Citrus range. Even my brother commented on it and said that it was "nice" - high praise indeed coming from a gross 25 year-old boy who couldn't care less about this stuff. (I had the bottle lying down across the sink to finished using the last remaining dregs and came home one day to find that he had tossed it in the garbage. So thoughtless!!!) I like the creamy moisturizing hand soaps more than the liquid foaming soaps as it feels more substantial and seems to require less product per use. But hand soap is hand soap. I've gone back to using generic drug store stuff with refillable options for wallet and environmental friendliness.

Sephora Brand Daily Makeup Brush Cleanser (Travel Size) - I like to keep this on the dresser for a quick spritz on the makeup brushes for every day use. I deep clean the brushes once every few weeks and this spray cleaner is good for a quick swipe. It does seem to contain a lot of alcohol though, so it may be overly drying for the super soft expensive brushes. I don't have any luxe makeup brushes and don't care. The regular size bottle of this is in my cupboard waiting to be used.

The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner - My holy grail toner. No fragrance, no alcohol, no parabens. Two more in stock!


Etude House Happy Bee Hand Cream - The scent was fresh and upbeat and the product thick and quickly absorbing. Yet I didn't love it. I love the packaging because it makes me happy and am keeping it to reuse for something else. Etude House has a whole range of these hand creams in different animal jars - it'd be fun to collect them all, just to complete the zoo.

Clarisonic Sensitive Face Brush - It's weirdly more abrasive than the Normal face brush and I don't like it. I've gone back to using the Normal and won't be using this one again.


LUSH Bubbleroons (x2) - The amazing Ashlex gave these to me wrapped up all nicely in tissue and wrapping sheets and I hoarded them for too long because the colours had faded by the time I unwrapped them. (*tear*) They bubble up nicely as you squeeze them under the running water and I was feeling decadent and used up both in one shot for that extra bubbly feeling. I have two more bubbleroons left and can't wait to use them.

LUSH Blue Gingerbread Man - I used it for an ice bath on a sweltering day and LOVED it. The blue part of the gingerbread man dissolves right away and makes the bath water a clear ocean blue. And you can see the small pink heart bobbing around in the water for quite a while which is utterly delightful. Lots of bubbles! Smells nice! Me likey!


Sheet Masks galore! - The Face Shop ones are from my friend in Singapore and the My Beauty Diary ones are from the lovely Makeup Morsels (who I now call Morzelz). I used up most of them while stressing over the last two weeks of my summer course and in the relaxing aftermath while trying to recover my sanity and brain waves. I honestly don't know what to say about them except that they feel nice and decadent and all of them smelled amazing. My favourite was the Lemon mask from The Face Shop simply because it suits my skin type (oily and acne-prone).

L'Occitane Angelica Exfoliating Gel (Sample) - This is the strangest exfoliator I have ever used. Here's the description from the L'Occitane website: "Small, all-natural exfoliating particles gently remove dead skin cells and impurities, while micro-balls made of natural gum massage the skin, boosting microcirculation." Those micro-balls are rubbery and bouncy and downright fascinating. I got two uses out of the sample packet and found that it did somehow revive the skin and leave it feeling clean and softer. I'm on the fence about purchasing the full product for myself, but if you have very delicate and sensitive skin that reacts negatively to harsh scrubs, this might be the perfect exfoliator for you. It's gentle and... and... bouncy! So, so weird.


Life Brand Ultra Soft Baby Wipes (Jumbo) - I'm using a nameless Rexall wipe right now and don't like it. These are the freaking best. The sheets are big and wet and wipes off makeup and stinky feet odour really well. The best all-purpose product and a must-have for summer.

Rexall Quilted Square Cotton Pads - 125 pads for about a dollar or two. Not bad. They're nowhere near as good as the Shiseido cottons of course, but they'll do. In this case, Rexall definitely wins over Life Brand. (The Life Brand pads are awful.)

Slatkin & Co. Beach Grass Candle - I really liked the scent of it but the tiny mini candle has to melt almost completely for me to smell it at all. As the name connotates, it smells like grass during a summer picnic, mixed with sunscreen, sand and surf. I'm debating whether to splurge for the giant size now on clearance for 50% off, wondering if it'll further slash to 75% off. But there weren't many of this left and I'm torn. I want to perfume my room with this while the fall breeze enters through the window at night, creating the most nostalgic end-of-summer atmosphere.


And finally, we have makeup!

***TRUMPETS BLARE***

SilkyGirl BB Powder Foundation - It took me 6 months to finish it, but I only used it daily in the past 3-4 months. J from Singapore brought me a bunch of them and I'm sharing them with a couple of people and keeping two for myself. I think this is going to be my holy grail summer foundation. It doesn't break out and has great coverage and is long-lasting. Winner! (Reviewed here)

NARS Lip Gloss in Dolce Vita - It may not look finished but it is. I can't get any more product on the doe foot wand and it feels gross to scrape the remaining products off the sides of the tubes because this lip gloss might be about 4 years old. I tried the trick with dipping the gloss in a cup of hot water to pool the remaining products at the bottom -- but it doesn't work, even with boiled hot water. I give up. As for the shade itself, it's a lovely dusty rose for those who favour everyday neutrals. The NARS glosses are notorious for their stickiness, however, though long-lasting. I'm not sure if I'll buy another NARS gloss. I feel torn about the brand. It's like a slightly sleeker MAC but with Dior level pricing. I do like their products but I don't want to pay Canadian prices for them (which is ridiculously inflated though our dollars have been on par for the past five years).


MAKE UP FOR EVER Duo Mat Powder Foundation - I used it as a setting powder and its two year anniversary just passed. It got no action at all this summer since I switched over to the bb powder foundation that didn't require setting. My new rule is to toss powder compacts after two years so long as it's been well-used. Most of my commenters also voted to give this the heave and I defer to their wisdom despite wanting to use up more of the product remaining around the outer rim... meep. So long, old powder!


Tossing but not finished:

DDF Brightening Cleanser - I have very oily skin but this cleanser strips it of all moisture and always leaves me with almost painful dry patches around the mouth. Way too strong and offensive for any skin type. DDF has since repackaged (and/or reformulated), but I will not be going near this again.

Stella Soft Body Milk - I'm over the Stella perfume and the body milk is too old to use.

Clinique Acne Solution Clearing Concealer in 02 - None of the shades match which defeats the point of covering up acne, and it also doesn't seem to do anything for acne flare ups. I'd much rather focus on skin care to take care of acne and purchase makeup that works well to cover rather than try to treat and cover while failing miserably.

C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve - The tin is rusted around the rim and I felt gross about the remaining product after talking about it in this post. I have so many other lip balms to work through... not feeling bad about this at all. It's about two years old and I did try really hard with this. Not loving it.


TOTAL:


Today's Total
Jumbo: 1
Regular: 17
Travel/Sample: 2
Tossed: 4

2012 Total
Jumbo: 4
Regular: 63 (holy cow)
Travel/Sample: 20
Tossed: 9

I feel like a lot of people are doing "empties" now and it's nice to see greater attempts at being less wasteful. And sometimes these empties posts are the only way I'll actually review a product. I'm not very good at thorough clinical reviews and prefer to babble instead. Anyway! How are you doing with empties? Start with just finishing up a few samples and see where that leads. :-)

65 comments:

  1. If you like the White Tea scent, you can get it as an eau de toilette, body cream, or anything else really. My favourite Bath and Body Works scent is the Sea Island Cotton one - it smells like fresh laundry!

    I want the Happy Bee now. Will be sure to try to make it to an Etude House store the next time I'm in HK.

    It took four years to finish one gloss!? Wow; the years I have ahead of me. It's nice to have a gauge of how long one will last.

    Thank you for the Empties post! I get really excited and happy when I see these in my Google Reader feed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the White Tea - the soap is White Citrus. :) And I thought of getting in other forms but know that I only like it as hand soap and wearing it 24/7 will give me a headache! (I love the Warm Vanilla Sugar range in all its various offerings though.)

      I didn't wear the gloss every day - otherwise it would have taken much quicker. But it's so thick and opaque that very little was needed and you end up getting a lot more usage out of it than you initially think!

      Thanks for your nice comment! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice! Especially hitting pan on that BB powder!
    I can't believe you kept that NARS gloss for 4 years! Wow, I can't believe it didn't go bad. I've had MAC glosses smell funky when they're a year old. Not all of them, but some. So I kind of toss my glosses after 1 year or so now. I've never had a NARS lip gloss-too scared of the plastic smell everyone talks about haha.
    I still don't mind B&BW hand soaps, but I kind of hate their shower gels and lotions. They make me itchy. Plus everything is fruity and I kind of hate showering with fruity smells. Makes me feel like I'm trying to clean myself with a piece of mango. Blech.
    Now I want that L'Occitane exfoliator! It sounds kind of cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided that I'm going to use powder foundations in the summer from now on. It's easy to hit pan when you use it every day!

      I had a Smashbox go bad in less than a year but the NARS hung on for dear life. I do toss immediately if I detect there's something wrong with the smell/texture/etc. There is a bit of plastickiness but it doesn't really bother me.

      I like refreshing fruity but can't stand overly sweet fruity. :)

      Delete
  3. So many things!

    I want that L'Occitane exfoliator just because it sounds cool, but I actually think the next exfoliator I'm gonna get is the St. Ives Green Tea one. Drugstore. Because I want to spend more money on some other skincare things, so you know, we move the monies around a bit. Still. Bouncy beads sound like a lot of fun!

    I like that toner, too. Bought it on your recommendations and finds that it works well enough without the extra alcohol and other crap, so that's my new winner! I am slowly starting to replace my Clinique items with other items, cobbling together a mishmash skincare system. It's a slow process since I can only do one thing at a time, but I think it's worth it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know there was a St. Ives Green Tea scrub - knew about the cleanser. Yeah, I'm having to pick and choose where to throw my money at now and stuff like cleansers and shampoo are almost exclusively drug store now. Try the bouncy beads if you can!

      Glad to hear the toner is working out! It's a good no-fuss product and nice to stock up on when TBS offers a 2-for-1. I'm not crazy about Clinique's skin care but weirdly really like their makeup which I know nobody really cares about.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop leaving your blog URL. It's considered spam here.

      Delete
  5. KA-BLOW!!!!! Awesome empties post, Liz!! You have a little bit of everything in there, sweet!! I'm glad you tossed that MUFE powder, I know it's tough when it's not *technically* gone, but I think your plan of 2 years - DONE - is wise. That body scrub sounds hilarious and though I have sensitive skin, I'm just not sure...BUT! We have a L'Occitane opening here next month so I'll head in and check it out nonetheless :D

    My empties are going OK - I have a couple hardcore items in the next post, which I'm stoked about - but overall just good. I have this ambitious idea to be able to finish any seasonal lippies so that by the time that season rolls around again I can buy a whole new slew of them...but that'll never happen. I'm putting in a valiant effort though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Toya! I wasn't really aware of how much was heading into the empties bag but found that it was just filled to the brim today. Thanks for the support on the powder issue, lol. And as for the L'Occitane scrub, it's a facial scrub, not body. Do check it out - it's fun!

      I'm so excited about those "hardcore" items, haha. I don't know about you, but the only way I'd finish a seasonal lipstick would be to wear it every day for six months and even then it might not be enough. Good luck to you!

      Delete
  6. Good job! Impressive as usual! I don't know that i could finish anything ugh, except skincare or shower stuff. I feel like i am most likely to finish a travel size lip product, but then again i never remember to use them anyway. maybe i could finish my nars tinted moisturizer in like a year, but even that i've had since march! AHH it seems impossible. BUT I am going to grab a bag and designate it for empties, because I think it may encourage me to try harder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finishing a lippie is hard work, dude. Just pick one product that you use every day (or almost every day) and start with that. Once you finish one item, it gives you the motivation to try with another! But finishing skincare and shower stuff is amazing! Don't sell yourself short. :)

      Delete
  7. What a whopper of an empties post this month Liz!!! There's no way I'm matching that super-beauty-heroine effort! On another note, I'm jotting down the name of the BB powder foundation because I so want to try it. The idea of a BB powder really appeals to me. So much easier to use than creams or liquids :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever, Vita - you are a master level emptier!

      I think all the brands with BB are now working on launching powder BBs, so keep an eye out for those and not just the SilkyGirl. Two brands here called Marcelle and Annabelle both came out with BB powders that seem great! I'm going to use powder foundations exclusively in the summers from now on, so this was a great discovery. :D

      Delete
  8. Great lot of empties! That Body Shop toner sounds great, no fragrance or alcohol for the win! I have a tube of that L'Occitane scrub that was sent to me and it is such a weird feeling on the skin, I am pretty obsessed with it;P I love Nars glosses, I find them really nice on (but don't mind stick in my glosses) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated The Body Shop's seaweed toner for oily skin - it had such a strong and offensive fragrance! It was the super short ingredient list of the aloe toner that sold me. I must have gone through 5 or 6 bottles of that by now. Try it!

      You have a whole tube of the jelly delights? Enjoy. :DDD

      Delete
  9. GASP-----a Chanel bag for the empties-------THIS IS BRILLIANT, ironic, iconic turned upside down, pure fabulosity. Oh, Liz-- how do I love thee...let me count the ways!! Nice pile of empties-- it's making me twitchy to start photographing my pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thanks! I know, who in their right mind crosses out Chanel, right?? I tell you this empties stuff does something weird to your brain... and I can't wait for yours. :)

      Delete
    2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you crossed out Chanel!! If you lived closer I would cook you a nice pasta dinner and we would toast your Chanel cross out with some wonderful Moscato!! This Empties bag was worth the wait! This was sheer brilliance! The empties stuff does do some weird stuff to your brain-- I was always obsessed with recycling empties, but now the idea of documenting them has taken me to a whole new level of cray-cray!!!!!!!!!!! :)

      Delete
    3. I WISH WE LIVED CLOSER! That sounds soooooooooo nice!!!

      I'll certainly sound the trumpets when your post goes up, lol.

      Delete
    4. ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sounds awesome! I will await your trumpets-- my will is growing weak-- M U S T P O S T E M P T I E S S O O N!!!!

      Delete
    5. I wished the *three* of us lived closer. You'd be the empties guru, Lola will go nuts, and I'll try to keep Lola together. Then we'd all laugh and play with empty containers.

      Delete
    6. MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I mean, who else would keep my head from spinning clean off at the sight of my growing empties!

      Delete
    7. You two are crazy. LOVING IT. When I win the lottery, you're coming with me on a trip to visit the world's best spas. ;)

      Delete
    8. Ok, Empties Sensei-- the student has just posted her first empties post in your honor! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

      Delete
    9. Yay Lola! I'm going ggggggg if only the letters I'm typing would show up on the screen. Blah blah blah. My computer needs more RAM. ram mamamramm ramm.


      *oh*.
      heh heh. I'm not going to delete the above. :P

      Delete
  10. Oh wise emptying sensei!!!! You're kicking major butt. Also crossing out CHANEL is so badass that I had to clutch my pearls for a second! I haven't emptied anything out this month because I've been barely wearing any makeup! I think the most I've used up is... soap. And tooth paste. I don't know who I am anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I love the visual of you clutching your non-existent pearls. (My mom has the strangest preoccupation with pearls - thinks that every "lady" should have a pearl necklace. Feck that.) Soap and toothpaste is good! You're clean!

      Delete
  11. Yay, Liz! As you know, I like your new Empties Bag. I didn't think you could do it, but you topped the first bag. :)

    I started making a list of my empties 2.5 months ago. Are you interested in what I've accomplished?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did we get a bit attached to that Body Shop bag? I sure did! :>

      Yes, lay it on me! You should just google link a spreadsheet if you haven't already, lol.

      Delete
    2. I don't want to bore everyone, so I'll give the Reductionista break down.
      My total since June 1:
      Jumbo: 0 -- My 2nd last TRESemme conditioner won't die!
      Regular Size: 18
      Sample: 28
      Tossed: 6 -- all were given a fair try.
      Gave Away: 4
      Swapped: 3

      (How do you know I keep a spreadsheet? I record item name, source, if I'll repurchase, and brief remarks on my experience/thoughts on the item.)

      Delete
    3. That's awesome, Boo!! I'm totally impressed! ;D

      Delete
    4. @Boo - I've gleaned enough knowledge about you now to be 99% sure. ;) I didn't realize you were THIS precise but there was an archivist nature about you. Now I wonder why you don't have your own blog?!

      Good luck with that blasted Tresemme! YOU CAN DOOOOO IIIIIIIIIT. LOL

      Delete
    5. I was thinking the same thing, Liz!! Boo- start a blog!

      Delete
    6. Thanks Lola and Liz. I've got a huge empties total because it's my first serious go-round with empties.

      I sound like a crazy person for archiving my empties, but I've got good reasons: a) I don't want to hang onto the containers to photograph them; b) I already had almost everything* inventoried** in a spreadsheet, so I made my grunt work pay off a second time; c) I like how keeping of record of what I liked/didn't like will help inform future, wise decisions; and d) I like seeing my empties list grow and my inventory list shrink! This "empties game" is also helping me not get sucked into beauty subscription boxes or sample bags.

      Liz, I'm truly not dedicated enough to have a blog. I like being a reader. Plus, I neither know enough about beauty stuff, nor have a niche that might interest blog readers.

      * Why is it I still find the odd thing that I haven't yet inventoried?
      ** I was naive and bored when I started the inventory. I didn't know it would be such a big task!

      Delete
    7. I love your dedication to empties!!

      Delete
    8. Lola, if that comment was directed to me, please remind me that I liked emptying things when the excitement wears off. (I'm thinking of the yucky bottle of TRESémme conditioner I have yet to open.)

      Delete
    9. It was directed to you, Boo! I will remind you! ;D There is nothing worse in the empties paradigm than having to get through a yucky bottle of anything!!!!!

      Delete
  12. Wow you have emptied a lot of things! Yay! :D
    I used to have the same brush cleaner from Sephora too but I don't really like it so I don't buy it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :DDD

      Yeah, I didn't mention that I'm starting to get disenchanted with that brush cleaner since my brushes are mostly crap and I don't care too much whether they get damaged. When I deep-clean them, I use an old Neutrogena cleanser that my face hates. :)

      Delete
  13. Whoaaaa, lots of empties this month! :D

    I'm not doing that well this month. I think I have like, five things right now. But I think I may start to include hand soap as well. ;)

    I think I might be the only one who can't stand NARS lip glosses. See, to me, it's not even the texture or the consistency or the colours. It's THE SMELL. That plasticky LIP PRODUCT kind of smell. I like mine to have a nice scent like vanilla or fruit or something. :P

    On that note, I really should start taking baths again... if only I could be bothered to clean my tub...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That slow-down period continuing? :(

      I figure hand soaps are okay since we count hand creams. Why not, right?? I think my brother barely uses the soap I put at the sink. (Yucky.)

      I know the NARS glosses have that plastickiness about them but it doesn't really bother me, to the point that I don't even notice. I don't like the vanilla smell to be too sweet or overwhelming (like Principessa) but MAC is good with it. :)

      I was at LUSH today and realized it's basically $7 per bath and couldn't bring myself to buy the Big Blue bomb like I had planned to. :(((

      Delete
  14. Agreed on the Sensitive Clarisonic brush head--it's gone to my mother, who likes it well enough. So strange...also, REALLY wanting to try a My Beauty Diary sheet mask--I've heard a lot about them and I'm soooo curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what the Delicate brush feels like - have you tried, wife???

      Didn't know what I was missing with the MBD masks. It's all thanks to MM! Now I shall have to wander the Asian markets hoping to score a deal somewhere... and I HATE shopping at Asian markets. >__<

      Delete
    2. That the Sensitive brush head is more abrasive than the Normal head is ridiculous. I wish I had known before getting my fiancé the Sensitive head; I even checked at Sephora, but then their demo brush heads are manky. I picked it to safeguard his skin, which is quickly reactive when exposed to particular work- & hobby-place allergens. It doesn't seem to irritate his skin (but it irritates me in principle!) and cleans off the grime from his man-skin (oh that sounds yucky ... What the heck; I'm leaving it in.). We only use the Clarisonic 1-3 times a week though, after I read all these horror stories about people who over-exfoliated.

      I used the Delicate brush head myself. I like that it's the most gentle one, since I use chemical exfoliants in my skin routine as well. It serves my purposes very well. Keep in mind I've never experienced the Sensitive or Normal brush head. Also, I get my brush heads on eBay. There are sellers who sell them out of the bulk boxes (of 10? 12?). You can get singles, triples, mixed varieties, etc.

      Delete
    3. I can use mine daily and be fine, but I think having the right brush can really help with that. I didn't want to exfoliate every day while the sensitive brush was on because it felt like too much. I have a friend who uses hers twice daily and her skin looks great!

      Delete
  15. Wowzers, Liz, seriously impressive pile! I'm so amazed by how much you've used up this year. I love empties posts!

    The blue gingerbread man is SO ADORABLE AAAH. And methinks I'll have to try out the aloe toner––with both your and Larie's approval, it's bound to be a success ;) The Silky Girl BB foundation looks really great, too. And YAY for tossing the MUFE and Rose Salve! Begone, old/gross products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ames!

      Yes! Aloe toner FTW!!! Honestly, I think it's maybe the best and most underratead toner in the world. The Body Shop - who would have thunk it?!?

      Delete
  16. How are you consistently so amazing Liz?? You finished two items of face makeup? Two?! I bow down to you. The gingerbread man is so cute, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the masks :) However my favorite part of this post is probably the fact that you crossed out Chanel and wrote Empties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh but they took me FOREVER!!!! MM, you have no idea how hard I try. :D

      You so got me hooked on sheet masks! I have one left and need to visit some Asian markets. But I'm scared of my own people, LOL!

      Delete
  17. oh wow, your empties post put the rest to shame! Reading yours is the reason I've tried my hand at it. And I think using the Chanel bag gives it a touch of class - coz you know the recycling needs just a touch. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I like running through the items and deciding what will get a repurchase or not. :) As for the Chanel... I was wondering if I'd incur the wrath of designer gods as the crossing out happened but nope, made it. ;D

      Delete
  18. Hi Liz, I think you're popularized the idea of empties posts. Taken it to the next level in fact. What an awesome list! The gingerbread man is too cute; I can't imagine taking a cold bath (brrr!) but the concept sounds nice, especially with nice aromas involved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dovey! :) I think you'd definitely take the cold bath when dying of heat - now I'm hooked! I keep wanting to visit LUSH for more bath bombs but am trying not to go overboard. :)

      Delete
  19. Woo-hoo! Love, love, love the new bag! Makes "empties" seem way more chic! I have said this to you a zillion times before, but girlfriend, I am in serious awe of your devotion to maintaining this noble pursuit! I'm far too distracted by stuff (driving my daughter to & from school, cooking, cleaning, fighting for time to get some blog-work done, lazing, etc) to remember to keep my empties too, but even if I did, I couldn't hold a candle to you, that's for sure! Congrats on hitting pan AND finishing a gloss (don't you love it when that happens?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eugenia!! :) I do better on the empties while distracted with living day to day - it's having the bag that really helps actually! And I knoooow, that gloss took FOREVER. Sometimes I wonder if this whole thing about finishing things down to the last drop is totally insane, but since I DO toss a few unfinished things now and then, I think we're good. :)

      Delete
  20. Love your empties Liz!!
    And the new bag? I'd rock that baby out on the town- really:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I didn't want to carry that around as if I can shop Chanel when I can't, so it's better as an empties bag than a carry around bag. :)

      Delete
  21. I'm about to write my very first empties post and now have a huge bag designated to collect them. I write in french but if you'd like I'd give you the link to my blog when I finally post it :) Thanks for being an inspiration! I'll make sure to link your blog in the post, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I'm so happy that you're doing an empties post. I've tried to read your blog before but can't read French. ;(

      There's no need to give me special credit since empties is kind of like "what's in your purse" - everyone does it. But I'm glad to have inspired you regardless and you certainly can link me if you like. Thank you so much! Can't wait to read it. :)))

      Delete
  22. I have a NARS gloss too and am not impressed - it's just not really wearable, you know? And I'm with you on the shampoo ambivalence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, you're back!

      I like NARS glosses in general but hate the price we have to pay for them. The ultra stickiness is a bit much also. Most people hate the plastic-y smell, though.

      Delete
  23. Wow, what a progress! And you have definitely got me hooked on the L'Occitane gommage, will need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Commenting is open to any registered user.

In order to reduce spam, comments containing self-promotional links and URLs will not be approved. Also, comments for posts older than 10 days are moderated and will not appear on the page until they have been approved.