Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sample Month Day 14: Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

For years I heard a lot of good things about the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle but never could find it. When I found it at a Zellers near my house (now closed and to be reopened as a Target next year - YAY), I snatched it up with high hopes.


Hey guys, in case you weren't really clear on what this is, it's a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep conditioner!


I don't know if it's because I'm completely exhausted as I'm typing this out, but suddenly every label on this product is downright hilarious. The diagram below makes the conditioner look like a mustard bottle.


I haven't come across many products with this sort of packaging, so I was slightly mystified upon trying to use it.

But it's pretty simple. All you have to do is turn it upright and squeeeeeeeeeeze. The product dispenses itself and I guess the idea is that you shouldn't have to screw around with caps on giant bottles while balancing precariously on wet tiles/tubs.


As for the product itself, it was just another regular conditioner for me. I left it on for longer than three minutes to really let it do its thing, but there was no discernible difference in texture or appearance. It only cost about CAD$3.99 so no one's crying over it, and it's certainly not a bad conditioner. It's just not the super duper deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep conditioner that they keep telling me that it is.

Product purchased at Zellers.

20 comments:

  1. I find it so funny that the Aussie brand is only available outside of Australia. I would love to try it, because I live here, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe... deeeeep message, Liz, I could feel that alright. As if it wasn't enough @emmabovary came to rescue us from the deeeeep "(...) Aussie brand only available outside of Australia." that really cracked me up.
    I was wondering about its quality from reading and seeing too much around about it. But somehow my instinct kept on telling me not to go so deeeeep with it. "Hmmm... elementary, my dear Watson."
    Seelah. *

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! I was laughing throughout this entire post! It does look like a mustard bottle in that diagram...I wouldn't have been able to review this with a straight face either! Glad it wasn't pricey, and as long as it didn't damage your hair, then that's fine by me!

    YAY for Tar-jay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept this on the backburner for a while because I wanted to do it "properly" but it wasn't possible. Lol @ Tar-jay

      Delete
  4. Lol. What the heck? Mustard bottle is right. Weird.

    These shampoos and conditioners are usually okay, but the very last time I went back to them, they dried out my hair like crazy. I've used them before multiple times without that problem, though. Hair is weird. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - hair is weird is right. My hair is actually pretty much the same no matter what I use - it's the damn scalp that's the problem.

      Delete
  5. I actually really liked this one. I found it to be deeeeeep conditioning enough for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! I like hearing a different opinion. Glad it worked so well for you. :)

      Delete
  6. I have the heat protector version of this one and I love it. It doesn't do anything long lasting but if I'm going out, I use it to make my hair shinier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen a heat protector version of it but don't really look at the brand anymore after I obtained this. Good to know!

      Delete
  7. I've used this before as a normal conditioner and really liked it, but I do agree that it's not nearly as deeeeeeep conditioning as they lead you to think. Also, hahahaha @mustard bottle! Though that being said, I actually really enjoy the packaging––it's fun to squeeze it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to use up a neverending giant bottle of conditioner right now so this is sitting on deck. I'll try to enjoy the squeeze action when its time comes. LOL

      Delete
  8. Deeeeep conditioning is something I don't need - anything too heavy on my hair and it looks like limp spaghetti. Not a good look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must be tricky to maintain! My hair usually likes the really thick stuff slathered on it.

      Delete
  9. The smell of this reminds me of the 80s for some reason. It's so GRAPE! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it?? I'll have to sniff it again! The brand is kind of '80s though, isn't it? I remember seeing them take out a lot more ads in magazines and stuff for teens back then. :)

      Delete
  10. Agree with Tracy that the smell is just - something. I dunno. Not a huge fan. I used this ages and ages ago, and didn't love it, but didn't hate it either. Pretty much what you said. For $4, whatever. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Join the discussion and thanks for your comment!

Please note that comments containing links will be deleted. Comments for posts older than 10 days will not appear on the page until they have been approved.