Friday, November 16, 2012

Sample Month Day 16: Caudalie Divine Oil

Again, not really a "sample" - but whatever.

Thanks to the extremely talented Nav of Beauty Huile, my interest in body oils only grows with time. Because I still feel like I can't slather decadent moisturizers to my oil slick of a face, sometimes I indulge in what I can put on my body which is on the slightly dry side. I've been a fan of Caudalie for a while and have yet to come across a product of theirs that I don't like. When they came out with the Divine Oil, it went straight to my wish list without even a test.


According to the Sephora website:

What it does:
This multi-use miracle oil is ideal for hair, nails, bath, and massages. Divine Oil is a unique alchemy of four extremely fine and evanescent vegetable oils (60 percent of the formula). To ensure that the benefits are truly complete, Divine Oil also features patented antioxidant grape-seed polyphenols and fair trade shea butter.

A subtle fragrance that will make you swoon as it caresses your skin. For the signature note of the fragrance Jacques Cavallier chose the rose, both the Moroccan rose and the Bulgarian rose. A burst of grapefruit and sparkling spicy pink pepper add a freshness to the fragrance while cedar, vanilla, and white musk base notes offer warmth. The composition is modern and infinitely desirable.



First, there isn't anything I don't love about this product, from the bottle to the texture to the scent to the results. The one you see here is the largest size that is offered, which is CAD$48 for 3.4 oz / 100 ml. It was the VIB 20% discount that gave me the push. I felt indulgent just thinking about it and ignored the option of a tiny 1 oz bottle for CAD$18. I also ignored the Divine Oil Set, which contains a 1.7 oz bottle of the oil plus a candle and a body scrub. My focus was on THE OIL.

All three sizes of the oil are packaged in a thick glass bottles with sturdy wooden caps and spray nozzles. It makes no difference to the quality of the product but I love its weightiness. It merely added to my irrational confidence in the oil.

On my first try, I used it as a post-shower body moisturizer at night. I woke up with silky skin, smelling decadently of warm floral that somehow reminded me of the MoroccanOil scent (which I loooove). On my second try, I was brave enough to test it on the face and was rewarded the morning after with plumped, moisturized and glowy skin. And on my third try (today), I used it on my hair which was left looking rather greasy unfortunately, but it's probably due to the concentration of the spray which doesn't produce a fine mist unless you can spray it from three arms' length away. Actually, the spray is a bit of a problem because while I was spraying my body with it on the first night, I missed a few times and some of the oil landed on the bathroom floor. My siblings complained about "Liz's fancy products" messing up the floor but I don't care because it's one of their turn to clean the damn washroom and they haven't done it for almost a month now. Ew.

Anyway, despite the greasy hair fail, I loved how whenever I got up from my desk at work, I got a whiff of the heady and delicious scent of this oil to the point that perfume didn't seem necessary. It's early on in the relationship but for now it seems like the beginning of a road that's leading to an empty and a repurchase.

Purchased from Sephora.

35 comments:

  1. Arrrgggghh WHY didn't I check this out during the VIB sale--whyyyy?!? I completely forgot about it because I was on such a mission to try and get the SOS serum (which was sold out anyway. Grrr....). I love EVERYTHING Caudalie too--I swear that brand can do no wrong! I'm so sure I will love this oil! Just need to remember to grab it now :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about you but I also received a 10% VIB renewal discount via email. If you have that, go for it! Or do a tiny splurge with the small bottle. But if you love Caudalie as much as I do, dear wife, you will want the big bottle for sure. :D

      Delete
  2. Yes! That one will definitely be one of the Christmas presents, from I to my very dear self!
    I tried it some months again, but the larger sizes were no longer available in the Pharmacies. It simply runned out of stock past about three weeks, after it arrived to Lisbon.
    Many thanks for the lovely + funny review, it totally was a 2 in 1 (helpful + pleasant)!
    Cheers.
    Seelah. *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caudalie reminds me of you actually because of your lovely package earlier this year. :) I hope they restock again soon so that you can try it out! Have a great weekend, dearest.

      Delete
  3. I was so interested in this - I have very dry skin on my body, and love using oils. But unfortunately, the scent is not for me. Glad you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite strong, isn't it? I wasn't sure the first few sniffs but I have been loving catching its scent in my perfume-free office, LOL.

      Delete
  4. You had me at "Moroccanoil scent" ....like you, I'm a huge fan of that fab aroma! Now I'm only wishing you had posted this before the VIB event so I could have scored it on sale too, wahhhhh! LOL!

    Putting it on my wish list as I write this....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not exactly the same but there's something that reminds me of it in a very obvious way. Think of it as the MO scent with just a touch more fruity and flowery, less tropical.

      I hope Santa will be good to you, evil Eugenia. >:D

      Delete
  5. I bought it at the Sephora V.I.B. sale as well. I also ignored the travel size and gift set and went straight for the big bottle. I agree with your entire assessment of this GLORIOUSLY Divine Oil-- however used sparingly it works quite well in my hair. I avoid the spry mess by spraying it directly into my palm at close range, and then applying it to my skin-- this way there is no mess on the floor, and no lost product! I LOVE THIS STUFF SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GREAT MINDS, HELEN. :D

      I was scared of putting it on my face and sprayed a tiny squirt into my hands first. But my hair can be a bit coarse and can usually take a lot of products so I went for the spray. Now I know! I do wish it came in a pump bottle version though. But YES LOVE!!!

      Delete
    2. Indeed, Liz!! :D

      I would have been afraid to put it on my face- I'm surprised that it didn't break you out-- I'm going to have to give it a try. I only sprayed a small amount into my hand and then warmed it up in my hands and then scrunched it into my curly hair. Before writing it off for your hair-- try that method-- I suspect that it might yield favorable results. I agree with you-- a pump bottle version would have been preferable. It really is DIVINE!! Have a lovely weekend! ;-)

      Delete
    3. To be fair, I've only tried it on the face once. But no sign of breakouts in the morning! I was so happy. :)

      Now that I know we're on the same page with this oil, I'm more eager than ever to try the Rodin oil some day. :D

      Delete
    4. It's pretty amazing that it didn't break you out! I really think that you will love the Rodin oil!!! :D

      Delete
  6. Thank you Liz for such a sweet thought! So glad you are loving this oil! It's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just telling the truth. :) Thanks for stopping by! Can't wait for your review when you get a hold of it. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Liz, I really haven't experienced much Caudalie, except for a whiff of their spray and a small sample of their premier cru. Judging from your history as an oil aficionada (in the very best sense of that phrase!), it sounds like Divine Oil is a wonderful product :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of a part-time aficionada, lol. Sometimes I forget about it and other times I want to hunt down every oil in existence. :D

      I hope you get a chance to try it! Would love your opinion. :)

      Delete
  8. Wow I really wanna try this for my skin now. Oils for hair are tricky and easy to end up with greasy locks. I think the key is to use very little and you have to spread it through your tresses very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair is on the thick, wavy and frizzy side, so it can usually take A LOT of styling products. I was surprised by this oil. It's going to take some experimentation to see what the right amount is.

      Delete
  9. Im still anxious to use oil on my face, maybe one day I'll find the courage ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easier to do when the weather is cold and your face is parched. I wouldn't do it on a good skin day if nothing is wrong!

      Delete
  10. This sounds gorgeous!! I've never tried anything from Caudalie, and I have no need for a body oil (or face oil, or hair oil––got plenty of that as it is, ha!), but you make me want it anyways. Sighhhh. So glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn. This is going on the wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might want to sniff it first. Not sure that our noses like the same stuff.

      Delete
  12. I've had my eye on this for a while, but it is so hard to find here. FeelUnique is probably my best option, and I'd be going for a small bottle in case the scent is too much for me. It does sound lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like Caudalie and/or oils, I'd say it's worth a try. I wish so badly that things were made more available for my Aussie friends!

      Delete
  13. You know, I've never tried body oils but I'm really intrigued with this one. Do you feel like it performs better than a typical body lotion/cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely better than light lotions for me and maybe not quite as good as a super heavy enriching cream. Some people like to layer oils under their lotion/cream for extra touch. Apparently this one is a dry oil, which isn't the most moisturizing for those with super dry skin. Mine's just moderately dry in the winter.

      Delete
  14. This stuff sounds heavenly and appeals to my Taurean need for things that please my senses - I'm gonna seek this out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm commenting just to say LOL @ "Liz's fancy products"
    (Also, this oil sounds lovely, but I can't buy it as I just bought a Body Shop Beautifying Oil which seems to have similar uses)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Angela :D

      Ahhh, how quickly I forget. I've been meaning to try one of those. I saw your report about the coconut smelling heavenly on the face. Review soon please!

      Delete
  16. Oooh Liz, this sounds like a winner! I will live vicariously through you on this one because obviously I can't use it, but it sounds like pure heaven. I also love the idea of body oils, and the packaging of this just LOOKS luxurious and fabulous. I hope you have this displayed somewhere! I'm happy that you're able to use it on your face without incident :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, why can't you use it? Caudalie uses all-natural ingredients so I don't think that it would be irritating to you unless you can't stand the smell. It can always go on the hair, too, so... *beckons with crooked finger* lol

      Unfortunately I have this shut up in the bathroom medicine cabinet right now but my room is a mess and I don't want to risk knocking it over and breaking it!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! Commenting is open to any registered user.

In order to reduce spam, comments containing self-promotional links and URLs will not be approved. Also, comments for posts older than 10 days are moderated and will not appear on the page until they have been approved.