Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sample Month Day 20: Deborah Lippmann Cleopatra In New York

There's a new flashy polish in town and her name is Cleopatra In New York. I love it when the name matches the shade perfectly.




I purchased this during a promotion at Holt Renfrew and got back 15% of that day's total beauty purchase in the form of a gift card. I had been circling the Lippmann counter for weeks after seeing the shade emerge on the Lippmann website, intrigued by the masterful mix of glitter swirling in an inky base. When I finally spotted it, I may or may not have let out a yelp of joy.

The following are pictures of one layer of Cleopatra over one layer of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out. (As usual, base coat is Essie Protein and top coat is OPI RapiDry.) These pictures were also taken after seven days of straight wear and you'll notice there are very few signs of wear and tear.




I really like the result of Cleopatra, but it's not a must-have, which is crushing since it cost CAD$22. In my next post, I'll demonstrate the exact same results with different (and cheaper) products. But boy, is she pretty in the bottle or what? If you must have it, it's now available at Holt Renfrew and Nail Polish Canada.

24 comments:

  1. SHINY. SHINYSHINYSHINY. Also a super perfect name. Can't wait to see the cheaper products which compare to this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you see it? Damn the photo content limit on Picassa... *shakes fist at Blogger/Google*

      Delete
  2. Hi Liz, what a beautiful polish! I also like how the name really matches up to the color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bet Cleopatra is nodding her head in the afterlife in approval. :D

      Delete
  3. It is really pretty, but I can see how it might be dupeable with other products. Still. It's exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to say nobody does glitters like Lippmann, but now everybody sort of does. :(

      Delete
  4. This is SOOO fierce, I love it! Reminds me of this Revlon nail polish I fell in love with called Facets of Fuchsia, which was actually a dupe of Deborah Lippmann's Bad Romance... Now I'm just gonna wait for someone to dupe this. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Bad Romance but still wanted to pick up Facets of Fuchsia when I saw it, lol. Yeah, I'm sure that Revlon is ON IT. ;D

      Delete
  5. This is so pretty! Such a befitting, sassy name it has. I love the little glitter particles against the big glitters -- gives it so much more depth. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I don't like overly chunky glitters without the little specks. Need it to be multi-dimensional and elegant. :)

      Delete
  6. This is so beautiful! The hexagons are really distinct and they pop so beautifully against the black :) One thing I hate about glitters is what a pain they are to take off, the glitter just gets everywhere when I do!

    Oh, you've inspired me to do a month of sample on my blog as well, which I am definitely imminently capable of doing thanks to my subscription to those beauty boxes/ =\ I admire your dedication in posting everyday, I'm doing mine in batches instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wear glitters a few times a year due to the hassle of removal, but the right ones are sooooo worth it!

      Go for it! Good luck!

      Delete
  7. I love the glitter swimming in this mani - gorgeous pics too Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need this. Even though I saw your black base + gold glitter on top option. :P

    I AM A FIEND.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, this is SO PRETTY! I've never really liked black nails but done this way... I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do plain black either, but I adore blackened glitters/shimmers. :) Hope you can get a hold of a bottle!

      Delete
  10. I'm with you Liz on loving black glitters/shimmers - something about it is so glamorous. And plain black on me just looks bad (but looks stellar of a lot of other people!). Regardless if this might not be the most worthy splurge, you make it look damn good, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine that plain black looks bad on you but I know how you feel about it. Lately it's really appealing though, more than back when it was super popular. Weird how these things come around again. Anyway, I can see you rocking this one so go for it if it calls to you!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! Commenting is open to any registered user.

In order to reduce spam, comments containing self-promotional links and URLs will not be approved. Also, comments for posts older than 10 days are moderated and will not appear on the page until they have been approved.