Thursday, December 5, 2013

November 2013 Pickups and Deliveries

To state the obvious, November was an INSANE shopping month. I think all bets are off when Sephora VIB and Black Friday sales are on the table. It's the month for perfectly justifiable selfish purchases before you really get cracking on Christmas gifts in December. Right? Right.

The Pickups

I had some Sephora store credit and finally took advantage. The results were: Laura Mercier Artist's Eye Palette (reviewed), Tocca Margaux (to be reviewed) and Stila Convertible in Poppy (reviewed). And I was surprise-gifted with the new Marc Jacobs blush in Tantalizing (reviewed), which I quite adore by this point.

I also redeemed Shoppers Optimum points to repurchase the Shiseido lash curler, indulged in some cheap nail polish (Sinful Colors shimmers are awesome, Revlon Elusive is awful), picked up a $2 Almay foundation and seized The Body Shop's small Almond Hand Cream and Brazil Nut Beautifying Oil at 50% off.

Oh yeah, and also these from Gummy's awesome blog sale.



The Deliveries

Forthcoming reviews of press samples include offerings from Sibu Beauty, Vichy and the usual suspects from Unilever including Dove, Tresemme, St. Ives, Simple and Vaseline. Earlier this month, I was lucky enough to be able to attend a media event with Bill and Giuliana Rancic as the guest speakers. It previewed tons of exciting new Unilever products to be unveiled in January 2014, so stay tuned for that!

Speaking of exciting, Dave Lackie, the editor of BEAUTY The Guide, joined Twitter some months ago and is constantly running amazing contests. One full week of Shiseido Canada collaboration included this fantastic grand prize, which is the entire range of the new Ibuki skincare as well as the complete Shiseido Fall 2013 makeup collection. Guess who won?!???!!


That's right. There was absolutely no reducing being done in November.

But December will be different. I may add more things to the ongoing Blog Sale in a sad attempt to organize some of this hoard, and I've also been giving things away to family and friends like mad. Next post is also the last empties post of 2013 in which I part with way too old makeup, finished or not.

How was your November?

33 comments:

  1. Wow congrats! That is one heck of a contest to win! I'm looking forward to a review of the Brazil Nut oil, it sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looooooooove the Brazil Nut oil! I've reviewed TBS oils last month so not sure I'll devote another review to it, but if you like oils and the smell of brazil nut -- you need it. :)

      Delete
  2. That is amazing Liz, congrats! Cannot wait to see your upcoming reviews on the new goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats on the contest - that's great. Looking forward to the reviews (especially for Simple and Vichy)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congrats Liz!! What a fantastic prize! Looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really jealous about all that Shiseido make-up; through be told, I would probably immediately feel guilty for having too much if I won this prize ;P Yes, I think November is a true beauty indulgence month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I've already started to give out some of those lippies. It's impossible for me to sit on all this and hoard alone. My mom and sister have already called dibs on the Ibuki skincare too, lol.

      Delete
  6. That Shiseido prize is pretty much the most amazing prize ever! congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG YOU WON ALL THOSE? WOW! You're going to have so much fun with them! I'd LOVE to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i still like you when you are not reducing :D hahaha oh i'm weird and so unhelpful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many pretties!!!!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, November was such a big spending month for me. Not so much on beauty (I mean, I bought a lot, but I also returned a lot), but CLOTHES. Because I hate clothes shopping, but I also hate my current wardrobe and its everything-is-5-years-old-and-boringness, so Black Friday sales were the time to buy. I can't wait to hear about the Shiseido goodies! I'm super jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I love clothes shopping but haven't bought anything in the last few years because I have too many. If you manage to invest in some nice basics, you'll really save some time and money in the long run. Hope the sale run went well!

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah, and I'm reading your blog posts but can't comment for some reason on the browser I'm using on my sister's laptop. LOVE the cute little chins!!!

      Delete
  11. Woweeeee!!! Huge congrats on your win that's SO much fun!!! :-) And thank you so much for the shout out about the blog sale - you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem of course! :) My sister is loving that Chanel gloss and I'm wearing the hell out of that MUFE stick.

      Delete
  12. Hi Liz,

    Congrats on winning the Shiseido goodies! Can't wait to see what you think of them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So jealous of the Shiseido stash you won! Amazing!!!!!!!! I never win anything. LOL!
    My November was good. I didn't really buy anything, to be honest. And December, well, I might pick up some serums as backups and that's about it. I'm trying not to get any makeup this month, but I'm wavering. I want Chanel Fatal and those Guerlain bronzers have been on my wishlist forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually won quite a bit of things in the past handful of years. Now if I could only win the lottery! :>

      You're being so good, Lily! Let's trade blogs! LOL

      Delete
  14. so lucky you won that set!! :) color me jealous.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  15. WHATTTTT, congrats on winning the Shiseido prize!!! :D I've been super curious about the Ibuki skincare line, so I hope you review that soon! :)

    Obviously you know how much damage I did in November what with the VIB sale and IMATS, and then Black Friday. And now Sephora has sent me a $20 off coupon with a purchase of $50 because I'm a VIB Rouge member. Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I've only tried the Ibuki day lotion - liking it a lot!

      I got that coupon too. Guess where I'm headed this afternoon, lol!

      Delete
  16. OH MAH GAH you won~! Pics of all teh things on you! (At the same time, ofc)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! I'm considering this very seriously!

      Delete
  17. Ooh, SO JEALOUS of the Shiseido! You had a good month indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. congratulations, Liz!
    i'm always excited to see new posts on your blog but even more now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my Lordy! That prize couldn't go to a more deserving person! CONGRATULATIONS LIZ!!!

    I'm totally looking forward to all the product pictures and swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy shitballs, you won that grand prize?! Woooahhh congrats! That's completely awesome :) Lack of reducing doesn't count when it's FREE! Lol.

    I smelled Margaux the other day and now I'm really curious for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! Congrats on winning that amazing prize! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great prize! And some fabulous purchases too. I got the artist palette too and am looking at it almost in awe everytime I use it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow congrats! I hardly ever enter contests/giveaways because I never win but your experience goes to show you never know when it can happen to you. Nov (& Dec) was a huge month of hauling... Being housebound makes me go nuts online shopping. I need to get better soon so my bank account won't be so abused :p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Commenting is open to any registered user.

In order to reduce spam, comments containing self-promotional links and URLs will not be approved. Also, comments for posts older than 10 days are moderated and will not appear on the page until they have been approved.